Interesting findings of the report include:
- 71 percent say they use social networking tools at least weekly.
- More than one in five online students (21 percent) say they post comments on message boards every day; four out of 10 (41 percent) say they do so at least once a week.
- Students report that one of the most common topics of conversation on the social networking scene is education.
- One in six (16 percent) say they use online tools to create and share compositions that are more sophisticated than simple art or stories, including virtual objects, such as puzzles, houses, clothing and games.
- Nearly one in 10 (9 percent) submit articles to sites at least weekly or create polls, quizzes or surveys online.
The report can be seen at the National School Board Association Website